Rules and Registration
Burger Competition Rules
1. The Executive Committee must approve all cooking entries.
2. Entry teams may have up to 5 individuals (one Captain and 4 additional members). Awards will go to the team.
3. Each team will be responsible for cooking 2 signature Burgers and 1 side on their grill which will be judged by 4 culinary judges who will sample each team’s entry. Please plan on plating 4 plates; cutting the burger in half and splitting the side dish to ensure consistency of all 4 plates.
4. MANDATORY Team Meeting (the day of the event) will be 3:30 pm sharp at the Marriott Pyramid Pavilion located at the north side of the hotel (5151 San Francisco Rd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109).
5. Team Locations: Team booth areas are pre-assigned around the perimeter and a center audience viewing area allocated to accommodate roughly 200 viewers. Seating is first come first seated basis. MAX booth dimensions are 10 feet deep and 6 feet wide. Each team will be responsible for bringing their own grill, propane, grilling utensils, food, gloves, plates, and sanitary items such as water, soap, and anti-bacterial wipes.
6. Set-up for booth and cooking equipment begins at 3:00pm and cooking Cooking may begin at 4:00 pm. Lighting of the grill is considered part of set-up and may be done before the 4:00 pm cook time. Fires must be lit once in position, no pre-lit fires before arrival.
7. Meats judged are Beef, Chicken, and Pork. Judging of all meat begins promptly at 5:00 p.m. and the Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at 6:00 p.m.
8. All meats must be prepared on-site and will be judged on Execution, Appearance, and Taste.
9. All meat must be raw and uncooked at check in and kept in a cooler that ensures proper cooling temperature. Please read for guidelines:
Prior preparation, such as marinating and seasoning, is permitted.
10. Registration form / including ST and BT waiver (signed by team members), and Marriott food waiver (signed by each team Captain) must be completed and emailed to email@example.com by November 2, 2019.